terça-feira, fevereiro 17, 2009

My first poem


Poesias nunca foram muito a minha praia. Lê-las me desconcentra (bizarro, eu sei). Escrevê-las, pior ainda. Mas ler e ouvir essa, digamos, jam poética me empolgou. Resolvi fazer um dever de casa respondendo com versos à pergunta "What does love mean to you?". E resolvi colocar na internet sem correção e sem censura, na marra mesmo, da mesma forma que um pai faria ao jogar uma criança na água para ensiná-la (?) a nadar. Espero que gostem.

I’m hopeless.
For the last three days, I tried to find a concept for what love is
And now I feel hopeless.
I searched within my heart for strong words,
For precise sentences and noble verses,
And all I found were cheap definitions.

What should I do?
Should I flee?
Should I not hand my English homework
To my teacher, who trusted me
And carefully chose this heart-related theme
For my weekly writing assignment?
No. That would be so ignoble of me.

Instead, I will seek for the yet deeper in me,
Carve until I discover the abyssal, the immeasurable,
I will dig, and sweat, and bleed, if necessary,
To finally find the answer.

Oh, I think I found something.
Looks like a DNA strip.
Well, it’s a DNA strip, indeed.
Shall we take a look at it?
I recognize myself in each and every allele.
There you are: blond hair, green eyes,
Hammer-shaped foot toes, and, amazing,
I see everyone I treasure the most
Engraved in my DNA strips.

Why do I love them?
I found out: I can’t define it with mere words.
Do I adore mom because she’s warm?
And how about my significant other? Why?
Because of the combination of biological signs
That take over my body whenever I see them,
Hear them, hug them? I don’t know.
All I know is that those people are precious
Pieces of information written in my very inside.
I won’t try to understand the rest of it:
That would be an effort in vain.

5 comentários:

Carlos Alberto Jr. disse...

Just wonderful!

Anônimo disse...

Dizer o quê...? Muito lindo, Mari Ceratti. Adorei.

Anônimo disse...

hmmm, dei um Google no termo Jam poética, mas não entontrei nada q espicificasse bem. Se der, vc poderia falar mais sobre?? ah, e Mari, infelizmente não entendo mais Inglês. Caso haja uma tradução, posta aqui, vai :)

se não, eu leio na 'tora' mesmo.

beijujuba

Anônimo disse...

desculpa por n entendê-lo (w)

Mari Ceratti disse...

Solin, jam poética é assim: junta-se uma galera de poetas e cada um lê as suas criações. No caso específico do que foi noticiado nesse post (veja o link!), não dá para chamar de sarau pq não havia artistas de outros tipos, só poetas mesmo.
Vou aproveitar o momento de pau geral no sistema e traduzir a poesia... mas depois vc vai ter de me explicar o que é (w).
A. e Lorena: thank uuuuuuuuuuuuu!
Bjo!